On a March night in 1964, 37 neighbors in Queens, New York, witness the brutal murder of Kitty Genovese. None of them takes action or calls the police. 37 tells the story of a few of these people and what led up to the night when they unexplainably remained passive observers. The film is a convincing portrayal of a borough in change and a time characterized by racism, the Civil Rights Movement and political shifts. The actual event that inspired the film’s plot has been called a symbol for the moment when America lost its innocence. The director Puk Grasten skillfully weaves into her feature film debut various fates, dreams and family conflicts by leading us through an apartment building that comes to bear a collective failure.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(22 downloads) Aired October 8, 2016
- Requiem for the American Dream (2015) Through riveting and candid conversation, Noam Chomsky, regarded as one of the most important intellectuals alive today, provides the definitive discourse on the “Two Americas.” Filmed over the course of four years, the Chomsky interviews expose how a half-century of policies have […]
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) Following the events of "Captain America: Civil War", Peter Parker tries to balance his life as an ordinary high school student in Queens with fighting crime as his superhero alter ego Spider-Man.
- Woodlawn (2015) A film based on an inspiring real-life story about love and unity in a school torn by racism and hate in the 1970s. In 1973, a spiritual awakening captured the heart of nearly every player of the Woodlawn High School football team, including its coach Tandy Gerelds. Their dedication to […]
- American Masters S30E08 – Norman Lear – Just Another Version of You Season 30, Episode 08 - “Norman Lear - Just Another Version of You ”
Writer/producer Norman Lear's turbulent childhood, early success with sitcoms ``All in the Family,'' ``The Jeffersons,'' ``Good Times'' and ``Maude,'' and social activism.
Documentary about the 94-year-old television […]
- Sustainable (2016) This film weaves together expert analysis of America's food and farming system with a powerful narrative of one extraordinary farmer who is determined to create a sustainable future for his community.