A new film compiled from the BFI National Archive’s unparalleled holdings of early films of China, features films from 1900-48 filmed across China. The cinematic journey of Around China with a Movie Camera contains many films which may never have been seen in China, or at the very least not for over 70 years. These travelogues, newsreels and home movies were made by a diverse group of British and French filmmakers, some professionals, but mainly enthusiastic amateurs, including intrepid tourists, colonial-era expatriates and Christian missionaries.
- State of Mind (2016) Seeing as how I (Adam, Producer/Director) am a Christian, I want the world to know what that means and why it is important to me. But I asked myself, how could I dare ask someone to listen to what I have to say if I'm not first willing to listen to them. This idea started a journey […]
- Pandas: The Journey Home (2014) Filmmakers of "Pandas: The Journey Home" were granted unprecedented access to the Wolong Panda Center in China. Meet all of the pandas at the center as they get ready for their new lives in various parts of the world, and learn about their fascinating habits and personalities.
- The Great British Bake Off S07E09 – Patisserie Week Season 07, Episode 09 – “Patisserie Week”
It is the Bake Off semi-final, and it is Patisserie Week, with just four bakers remaining. In the signature challenge, the bakers are once again butter-bashing and folding their pastry to achieve perfect lamination for a difficult French pastry. […]
- J: Beyond Flamenco (2016) Jota, de Saura
The new film from legendary Spanish filmmaker Carlos Saura (Carmen, Tango) captures the vivacity and charisma of the jota, a waltz-like castanet dance with its origins in Saura's home province of Aragon.
- Aana Mayil Ottakam (2015) Aana Mayil Ottakam is an anthology film. This is not really very common in Malayalam industry. But this concept is going on since ages and even legendary filmmakers like Satyajit Roy has tried this genre. It is always very interesting to see a collection of great short movies. You cannot […]