Season 1, Episode 1 – “Gods, Myths and Oil Paints”
Waldemar Januszczak challenges the traditional notion of the Renaissance having fixed origins in Italy and showcases the ingenuity in both technique and ideas behind great artists such as Van Eyck, Memling, Van der Weyden, Cranach, Riemenschneider and Durer.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(39 downloads) Aired February 16, 2016
- BBC The Renaissance Unchained S01E02 – Whips,Deaths and Madonnas Season 1, Episode 2 - “Whips, Deaths and Madonnas”
Waldemar returns to Italy to trace the Italian Renaissance from its perceived origins with Giotto and takes a look at the importance of religious narrative in Italian art. While there were certainly a few aesthetic influences from […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E05 – Coconut Oil, Artichokes, Absinthe Kate Quilton learns how coconut oil is extracted in Vietnam before heading to the English seaside, where she commandeers a mobile chip van to find out which oil is the healthiest. Jimmy Doherty is in Italy to find out what goes into a supermarket jar of artichoke hearts, while Matt […]
- Murdoch Mysteries S10E07 Season 10, Episode 07 - “Painted Ladies”
Murdoch probes a connection between dead men found with lipstick smears on their faces and Crabtree's burlesque-dancer sweetheart.
A Victorian-era Toronto detective uses then-cutting edge forensic techniques to solve crimes, with the assistance […]
- The Fury (2016) De helleveeg Based on the novel by A.F.Th. van der Heijden, written and directed by Andre van Duren. Tragi-comedy about “Tidy Tini”. The fury amuses and astonishes the viewer. But when we find out what happened to her in her youth we are left devastated, and a shiver will replace our […]
- Detective Conan: Sunflowers of Inferno (2015) Meitantei Conan: Gōka no Himawari Conan tries to track down Kaito Kid, who supposedly steals a replica of one of Van Gogh's Sunflowers paintings during an auction