Season 1, Episode 2 – “Whips, Deaths and Madonnas”
Waldemar returns to Italy to trace the Italian Renaissance from its perceived origins with Giotto and takes a look at the importance of religious narrative in Italian art. While there were certainly a few aesthetic influences from classical art, the majority of Italian painting and sculpture in the 14th and 15th centuries was created to inspire devotion, especially in the work of Piero della Francesca, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Fra Angelico.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(17 downloads) Aired February 23, 2016
- Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour (2016) Concert special featuring the iconic superstar as she performs in packed arenas around the globe. Featuring new hits and beloved classics that showcase Madonna's signature visual theatrics, exquisite costumes and awe-inspiring choreography. With exclusive behind-the-scenes access that […]
- Tale of Tales (2015) A fantasy film with horror elements, "The Tale of Tales" is loosely inspired by the 17th century collection of fairy tales of the same name by Italian writer Giambattista […]
- Lost Sitcoms S01E02 – Let’s Talk about Alf A look at the impact of Alf Garnett, with contributions from Graham Linehan, Lee Mack and Simon Day.
BBC Four will recreate three British classic Lost Sitcoms - Hancock’s Half Hour, Steptoe And Son and Till Death Us Do Part - with a brand new stellar cast. The Lost Sitcoms are part of a […]
- Lost Sitcoms S01E03 – Hancock’s Half Hour: The New Neighbour Series which recreates three classic lost British sitcoms with a stellar new cast. In this episode of Hancock's Half Hour originally broadcast in 1956, Tony has a new neighbour whose behaviour is very, very suspicious.
BBC Four will recreate three British classic Lost Sitcoms - […]
- Lost Sitcoms S01E04 – Steptoe and Son: A Winter’s Tale Season 01, Episode 04 - “Steptoe and Son: A Winter's Tale”
Another of Galton and Simpson's iconic shows Steptoe And Son, which originally ran from 1962 to 1965, will also be part of the Lost Sitcoms.
Jeff Rawle (Drop the Dead Donkey) and Ed Coleman (Pride) will re-create one of the […]