Having previously investigated the architecture of Hitler and Stalin’s regimes, Jonathan Meades turns his attention to another notorious 20th-century European dictator, Mussolini. His travels take him to Rome, Milan, Genoa, the new town of Sabaudia and the vast military memorials of Redipuglia and Monte Grappa. When it comes to the buildings of the fascist era, Meades discovers a dictator who couldn’t dictate, with Mussolini caught between the contending forces of modernism and a revivalism that harked back to ancient Rome. The result was a variety of styles that still influence architecture today. Along the way, Meades ponders on the nature of fascism, the influence of the Futurists, and Mussolini’s love of a fancy uniform.
- Center Stage: On Pointe (2016) In Center Stage: On Pointe, Jonathan Reeves (Gallagher) is tasked with infusing more contemporary styles and modernism into the American Ballet Academy, and enlists his his top choreographers Charlie (Radetsky), Cooper (Stiefel) and Tommy (Wormald) to recruit dancers to compete at a camp […]
- Hooten & the Lady S01E02 – Rome Season 01, Episode 02 – “Rome”
In Rome, Lady Alex helps Hooten search for the Sibylline Books but quickly ends up scaling the Sistine Chapel, battling an alligator and clashing with the mafia.
The hugely charismatic, roguish American adventurer Hooten and his fantastically feisty […]
- Man Finds Food S02E05 – Under the Radar Rome Secret Eats with Adam Richman
Adam Richman travels to Rome to uncover the city's culinary secrets, including a unique take on Cacio e Pepe at a restaurant located in a castle-walled city and traditional porchetta in limited supply.
In his new original Travel Channel series, Adam […]
- John Wick: Chapter Two (2017) John Wick is forced out of retirement by a former associate looking to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild Bound by a blood oath to aid him, Wick travels to Rome and does battle against some of the world’s most dangerous killers.
- Stranger Things S01E05 – Chapter Five: The Flea and the Acrobat Hopper breaks into the lab while Nancy and Jonathan confront the force that took Will. The boys ask Mr. Clarke how to travel to another dimension.
Set in the 1980s in Montauk, NY, a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are […]