Boomers follows the ups and downs of three couples living in Thurnemouth, ‘Norfolk’s only west-facing resort’. There’s Alan and Joyce, who are coming at retirement from very different directions; Alan wants to slow down, Joyce wants to speed up. Alan tries to avoid as many of Joyce’s social commitments as possible, but downsizing to a bungalow has meant there are fewer places for him to hide. John and Maureen, living in their gadget-filled dream house, are adventurous in every aspect of life including the bedroom. For them, 60 is the new 40. However, there’s a reminder of what’s around the corner with Maureen’s ever-present mum Joan. And finally there’s Trevor and Carol, who’ve got non-communication down to such a fine art that if Carol spent a weekend away, Trevor might not even notice.
- Boomers S02E01 – Christmas Special The sitcom following the lives of three retired couples in Norfolk returns. It’s Christmas Eve, and disaster strikes at the end of a long weekend at the festive markets in Cologne. Marooned in France, John and Alan have their preconceptions about Germans challenged, Trevor gets grilled […]
- Boomers S02E03 – Matt & Seb Alan's in mid loft clear-out, having hired a skip for the purpose, when new couple Matt and Seb pop by to invite them to their housewarming party that night. Despite Alan's natural inclination to say no to a social invitation, Joyce is keen to be welcoming to the new neighbours so […]
- Boomers S02E02 – Camping Alan is in the middle of doing a loft clear-out when new couple Matt and Seb show up to invite them to their housewarming party that night. Carol’s keen to leave the party early as she and Trevor are coming to the end of a period of sexual lent.
- Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon (2015) Amid the seismic cultural shift of the 1970s, American comedy got a sharper edge when a newly minted magazine named National Lampoon stuck its middle finger up at the establishment. Spawned at an Ivy League school by the wonderfully warped minds of Douglas Kenney and Henry Beard, […]
- Life in Pieces S01E02 – Interruptus Date Breast Movin’ Joan organizes a family meeting after Matt walks in on her and John being intimate; Jen hires breast-feeding consultants; Matt and Colleen have a bad date; and Heather and Tim move with the help of ex-cons.