Season 01, Episode 04 – “A MOTHER’S LOVE”
The Wars of the Roses ended in August 1485 when Henry Tudor defeated Richard III at the battle of Bosworth. However, Henry would never have become king and founded the Tudor dynasty without his mother, Margaret Beaufort. Historian Dan Jones concludes his history of the feud by revealing how the widow kept her only son safe as England descended into chaos and why she embarked upon a bold but risky plan to place him on the throne. Last in the series.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(1 downloads) Aired January 30, 2016
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(4 downloads) Aired January 30, 2016
- The Hollow Crown: Henry VI – part 1 (2016) In the aftermath of the death of King Henry V, news reaches England of military setbacks in France. In Orleans, ‘La Pucelle’ (Joan of Arc) is encouraging the Dauphin to resist. In England, Richard, Duke of York, quarrels with the Duke of Somerset about his claim on the throne. The lords […]
- Richard the Lionheart: Rebellion (2015)
The year is 1173. England and France are at war. The destiny of the two great powers has never been so intertwined. As King Henry's wife, Queen Eleanor, is captured and imprisoned by the king himself, Richard and his brothers lead the fight against their father in a heartless war. […]
- Six Wives with Lucy Worsley S01E03 This episode follows Henry's marriage annulment to Anne of Cleves due to non-consummation. Middle-aged Henry then marries teenager Catherine Howard two weeks later, only for her to be convicted of treason and beheaded.Henry's last wife, Katherine Parr, was a good stepmother to his […]
- Play On! Shakespeare in Silent Film (2016) A compilation of scenes from Shakespeare adaptations made in the earliest days of cinema, including versions of King Lear, Twelfth Night, Hamlet, Richard III and The Merchant of Venice, as well as less frequently filmed plays such as Henry VIII and The Winter's Tale.
- Six Wives with Lucy Worsley S01E01 Season 1, Episode 01
This episode follows the emotional and physical struggles of Katherine of Aragon as she strove to give Henry the male heir he so desired. As Henry's eye wandered over the women at court, Anne Boleyn, not wishing to be cast aside as her sister Mary had been, […]