Cancer: Few words are more feared. But in her sharply researched, deftly humorous message of hope, survivor Meghan O’Hara (Oscar-nominated producer of “Bowling for Columbine, “Fahrenheit 9/11,” and “Sicko”) changes the way we think about this terrifying disease, showing that it’s time to stop being afraid of cancer and time to make cancer afraid of us. Following her diagnosis, O’Hara met neurologist Dr. David Servan-Schreiber, who was diagnosed with brain cancer while doing cancer research. Together they explore daily Western behaviors that are linked to 70% of cancer deaths: smoking, processed foods, stress, contaminants, and lack of exercise. Narrated and executive produced by Morgan Freeman, “The C Word” is an unflinching look at our complacency with cancer culture, the vibrant cast of characters who are changing the game, and the tools we already have to beat the dreaded scourge of our time. -TCFF database
- Man Finds Food S02E08 – Cashew ‘Cue Secret Eats with Adam Richman
Adam Richman's on the hunt for secret restaurants and off-menu dishes in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, including a hidden bowl of pho, off-menu cashew smoked ribs, a secret soul music burger and a hidden garden restaurant in the middle of the city.
In his new […]
- London Has Fallen (2016) In London for the Prime Minister's funeral, Mike Banning discovers a plot to assassinate all the attending world […]
- The Strain S03E10 – The Fall Season 03, Episode 10 - “The Fall”
In the third season finale, the Master reveals himself and initiates the end game of the battle. Also: Eph; Fet; Setrakian; and Dutch make a last-ditch effort to defeat the strain.
The Strain is a high concept thriller that tells the story of Dr. […]
- Young & Hungry S04E07 – Young & Bowling Season 04, Episode 07 - “Young & Bowling”
Gabi looks for Aunt Chris, whom she hasn’t seen in years, and learns she’s become Uncle Chris. Meanwhile, Josh must revisit a painful bowling memory; and Elliot is sorry he joined Yolanda’s poker game.
In "Young & Hungry," two worlds […]
- Offspring S06E03 – Getting to Know You Nina gets to know St Francis' alleged "pantsman" Dr Angus Freeman better, with his behaviour leading her to do something out of character.
Offspring is an exuberant drama set in Melbourne's Fitzroy, centering on Nina Proudman and her struggle to deal with her fabulously messy family, […]