After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine’s social and political institutions faced massive change, including an increasingly corrupt government and crippled infrastructure. A number of the nation’s youth wound up homeless and addicted to a lethal cocktail of injected cold medicine and alcohol. In the early 2000s a pastor from Mariupol named Gennadiy Mokhnenko took up the fight against child homelessness by forcibly abducting street kids and bringing them to his Pilgrim Republic rehabilitation center—the largest organization of its kind in the former Soviet Union. Gennadiy’s ongoing efforts and unabashedly tough love approach to his city’s problems has made him a folk hero for some, and a lawless vigilante to others. Despite criticism, Gennadiy is determined to continue his work.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(5 downloads) Aired September 16, 2016
- Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon (2015) Amid the seismic cultural shift of the 1970s, American comedy got a sharper edge when a newly minted magazine named National Lampoon stuck its middle finger up at the establishment. Spawned at an Ivy League school by the wonderfully warped minds of Douglas Kenney and Henry Beard, […]
- Addicted to Sexting (2015) "ADDICTED TO SEXTING", a compelling (and sometimes humorous) look at the rise and proliferation of this social phenomenon from several varying perspectives and how the lives of those engaged in it are affected. Throughout the course of the film, we examine nearly every aspect of what has […]
- Desi Kattey (2014) Desi Kattey is the story of two orphans who grow up in a remote village, making country guns to earn their livelihood. The film traces their journey, as they go on to become national level shooters.Desi Kattey is based in a small village of the Kanpur District of Uttar Pradesh, Mungera, […]
- Ghoul (2015) GHOUL is a supernatural horror film involving the real life story of the Soviet Union's most violent serial killer, Andrei Chikatilo. Three Americans travel to the Ukraine to film a documentary about the cannibalism epidemic that swept through the country during the famine of 1932. After […]
- The Peacemaker (2016) In international political conflict, deals are not brokered by national leaders but by “backroom players” who are hidden from the spotlight. Enter Padraig O’Malley, recovering alcoholic and negotiator of peace. An excellent mediator, the only person whose trauma he cannot alleviate is […]