Original Title: 大唐玄奘
Buddhism-themed Chinese-Indian historical adventure film based on Xuanzang’s seventeen-year overland journey to India during the Tang dynasty in the seventh century. Xuan Zang (c. 602 – 664), was a Chinese Buddhist monk, scholar, traveler, and translator who described the interaction between China and India in the early Tang dynasty. From boyhood, he took to reading religious books, including the Chinese classics and the writings of ancient sages. He later travelled throughout China in search of sacred books of Buddhism. Subsequently, he developed the desire to visit India. This is when he became famous for his seventeen-year overland journey to India, which is recorded in detail in the classic Chinese text Great Tang Records on the Western Regions.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(0 downloads) Aired December 16, 2016
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(7 downloads) Aired October 30, 2016
- The Story of China S01E02 – Ancestors Season 1, Episode 2 - “Ancestors”
Michael Wood tells the tale of China’s first great international age under the Tang Dynasty (618-907). From the picturesque old city of Luoyang, he travels along the Silk Road to the bazaars of central Asia and into India on the track of the Chinese […]
- The Story of China S01E04 – The Ming Season 1, Episode 4 - “The Ming”
The tale of one of China’s most famous dynasties begins with the amazing story of Hongwu, a peasant rebel who founded one of greatest eras in Chinese history.
- Lady of the Dynasty (2015) 王朝的女人·杨贵妃 The tragic story of a Tang Dynasty imperial consort who was the favorite of the Emperor Xuanzong.
Wang chao de nv ren: Yang Gui Fei
- The Great Wall (2015) The Great Wall has been completed at its most southerly point.’ So begins Kafka’s short story ‘At the Building of the Great Wall of China’, and so, at Europe’s heavily militarised south-eastern frontier, begins this film. In the shadow of its own narratives of freedom, Europe has been […]
- Seymour: An Introduction (2015) Ethan Hawke directs this intimate documentary portrait of classical pianist, composer, author, teacher and sage Seymour Bernstein.