Eva no duerme
The strangest thing about this story is that it’s true. In 1952, Argentina’s beloved First Lady, Eva Perón, died of cancer at the age of thirty-three. A renowned embalmer was commissioned by the grieving Juan Perón to preserve her body for display, and Argentines flocked to be near “Evita.” Three years later, when his government was overthrown by a military coup, Perón fled the country before he could make arrangements for the transportation of his wife’s body. The military junta now in control kidnapped the corpse; so afraid were they of Eva’s symbolic power that they even made it illegal to utter her name. Thus began the two-decade journey of Eva’s body throughout Europe and eventually back to Argentina.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(2 downloads) Aired October 17, 2016
- Amapola (2014) A romantic reimagining of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream set against the turbulent backdrops of the 1962 Argentinian military coup and the 1982 war for the Falkland […]
- Movie Colonia (2015) Lena and Daniel, a young couple become entangled in the Chilean military coup of 1973. Daniel is abducted by Pinochet's secret police and Lena tracks him to a sealed off area in the South of the country, called Colonia Dignidad. The Colonia presents itself as a charitable mission run by […]
- Roman Empire: Reign of Blood S01E04 Season 1, Episdoe 4 - Rome Is Burning
Commodus defeats his sister’s coup but withdraws from governing, allowing others to amass power while he engages in an affair and banishes his wife.
Born in the Purple
Fighting an implacable enemy in Germany, Marcus Aurelius trains his decadent […]
- Good Behavior S01E01 – So You’re Not an English Teacher Season 01, Episode 01 – “So You’re Not an English Teacher”
A lady con artist (Michelle Dockery), newly sprung from jail and trying to go straight, gets entangled in a dangerous and seductive relationship with a killer (Juan Diego Botto) in the series premiere of this thriller.
- Zero Days (2016) Alex Gibney explores the phenomenon of Stuxnet, a self-replicating computer virus discovered in 2010 by international IT experts. Evidently commissioned by the US and Israeli governments, this malware was designed to specifically sabotage Iran’s nuclear programme. However, the complex […]