Season 02, Episode 02 – “South Pacific”
Arthur Williams visits the island of Wadigi, part of the Fiji chain, as he continues the series exploring some of the planet’s most remote places. Tracey Johnson has turned the island into a bolthole for the super-rich, but she only leases the island from its traditional owners – Tia Ratubuli and his family. Tia teaches Arthur to catch leatherjacket fish by hand from the coral reef. Flying on to the island of Koro, Arthur meets Marianna, whose village was recently devastated by a cyclone. On the islands of Vanuatu, flying doctor Mark Turnball takes Arthur on his rounds. Finally, Arthur attempts to land on the slopes of an active volcano.
Arthur Williams flies to some of the world’s smallest and most dangerous landing strips to try and discover why people want to live in such remote places and he learns how small planes have managed to open up the planet’s most remote and most beautiful wildernesses.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(2 downloads) Aired August 8, 2016
- Pacific Warriors (2015) The tiny Pacific island nations of Fiji, Tonga and Samoa reconnect with their heritage and take on the giants of the rugby World Cup, against all […]
- Atlantic: The Wildest Ocean on Earth – From Heaven to Hell (2015) In the balmy tropical Atlantic, everything from dolphins, manatees and whale sharks to sunbathing jellyfish thrive in the Caribbean's warm, sheltered waters, fringed with coral reefs and rich mangrove forests. But extreme heat in Africa unleashes terrifying hurricanes, causing chaos […]
- Monster High: Great Scarrier Reef (2016) Join the Monster High ghouls on an all new aquatic adventure as they dive deep into the crystal deep blue waters of the Great Scarrier Reef. When the ghouls get pulled in the school pool, they find themselves transported to a world of corals and florals - a wild underwater wonderland! […]
- Fishing Impossible S01E02 – Episode 2 Season 01, Episode 02 — “Bahamas”
The documentary series in which a team of fishermen travel the globe with the aim of landing fish that are considered impossible to catch continues. In this edition, the guys head to the Bahamas in search of the invasive lionfish that are wreaking havoc […]
- Tracey Ullman’s Show S01E06 – Episode 6 In the final episode of the series, Tracey Ullman inhabits northern businesswoman Pam Garrity, who runs 48 and a half different businesses and is proud none of them has anything to do with the south. Dame Judi Dench rules the upper deck on a bus, Dominic the App Guy celebrates a full […]