Scientist Alice Roberts, chef Tom Kerridge and consumer journalist Sean Fletcher unite their expertise to help viewers make the best food choices. In the first edition, Alice investigates campylobacter, the most common cause of food poisoning in the UK, often found on fresh chilled chickens. Tom helps a viewer who cannot cook fish without ruining it, and shares his secret for perfect pork using a process called brining. Plus, Sean discovers when is it worth buying premium brands when there are money-saving basic alternatives available.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(5 downloads) Aired April 15, 2016
- Food Detectives S01E03 – Episode 3 In this series, scientist Prof Alice Roberts, chef Tom Kerridge and journalist Sean Fletcher are keen to improve your cooking, your health and your bank balance by dishing up the plain facts about our foodWe spend a staggering four and a half billion pounds on diet drinks a year. They […]
- Food Detectives S01E05 – Episode 5 In this series, scientist Prof Alice Roberts, chef Tom Kerridge and journalist Sean Fletcher are keen to improve your cooking, your health and your bank balance by dishing up the plain facts about our food.Can chillies help us lose weight? Prof Alice Roberts carries out an experiment to […]
- Food Detectives S01E06 – Episode 6 Can changing your surroundings alter how food and drink tastes? Prof Alice Roberts and a group of diners enjoy a culinary experience with a difference. The music, lighting and even the shape of the plates are changed throughout the meal to see what effect this has on how we perceive the […]
- Food Detectives S01E02 – Episode 2 One of the fastest growing trends in our supermarkets is gluten-free foods. You can buy everything from gluten free bread and cakes to tins of soup. So is gluten really that bad for us? Should we all be going gluten free? Prof Alice Roberts tests the claim that some people feel less […]
- MasterChef (US) S07E15 – Pop-Up Restaurant Season 7, Eposode 14-15 - ”Hot Potato”
The five remaining contestants are introduced to special culinary guest judge Richard Blais - chef, restaurateur and cookbook author - who reveals the seventh Mystery Box challenge. The winner will avoid competing in the elimination challenge and […]