One of the fastest growing trends in our supermarkets is gluten-free foods. You can buy everything from gluten free bread and cakes to tins of soup. So is gluten really that bad for us? Should we all be going gluten free? Prof Alice Roberts tests the claim that some people feel less bloated and more alert when they cut out gluten. 30 volunteers embark on a gluten free diet to see if they feel healthier. But there’s a twist. One half will be adding gluten to their diet and the other will be gluten free but they won’t know which is which. We find out whether going gluten free delivers health benefits or is just a fad.Tom Kerridge has been a professional chef for over 20 years and in that time he has learned many tips and tricks to deliver food that consistently tastes great. He’s keen to share these trade secrets so we can all improve our cooking. This time, he reveals how a garnish can transform an everyday dish into something special.Forget coupons – when it comes saving money on your shop, online cashback apps are taking over. Our consumer journalist Sean Fletcher reveals how one savvy shopper saves around £1,500 a year by using these apps. She can do this while still buying the brands she likes and the food she needs. So we asked our bargain hunter to do a mid-week shop to see how much she could save. Find out how she slashed her supermarket bill in half simply by using these new cashback apps.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(4 downloads) Aired April 26, 2016
- Food Detectives S01E01 – Episode 1 Scientist Alice Roberts, chef Tom Kerridge and consumer journalist Sean Fletcher unite their expertise to help viewers make the best food choices. In the first edition, Alice investigates campylobacter, the most common cause of food poisoning in the UK, often found on fresh chilled […]
- MasterChef (US) S07E10 – The Weakest Links The losing contestants from the Sweet 16 Challenge in last week’s episode are faced with the Birthday Cake pressure test and will have 90 minutes to bake a three-layer birthday cake and then face a dramatic elimination. The remaining contestants are dropped off in the middle of a […]
- Trust Me, I’m A Doctor (2013) S05E02 – Episode 2 This time, Michael Mosley reveals a new discovery that could help us all improve our eyesight and Dr Chris van Tulleken carries out an experiment with the University of Worcester to find out whether the fad for going gluten free can be good for us. Surgeon Gabriel Weston witnesses a […]
- Alice in Earnestland (2015) 성실한 나라의 앨리스 This film is about Soonam, a woman who lives a life full of ups and downs like a rollercoaster. The movie delivers pleasure and discomfort at the same time by the mysterious pain that Soonam is going through when all she is doing is living a diligent life. While Soonam with dexterous […]
- Burnt (2015) Chef Adam Jones (Bradley Cooper) had it all – and lost it. A two-star Michelin rockstar with the bad habits to match, the former enfant terrible of the Paris restaurant scene did everything different every time out, and only ever cared about the thrill of creating explosions of taste. To […]