Jimmy takes a look at the catastrophic effects of not getting enough vitamin D and he talks to a very brave young boy suffering from rickets. He also finds out about the surprising origin of the fortified vitamin D that’s added to many supermarket foods. Kate attempts to find out how supermarkets are able to sell one of the world’s most expensive meat at knock down prices.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(7 downloads) Aired September 8, 2015
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(5 downloads) Aired September 8, 2015
- Food Unwrapped S08E03 – S08E03 Jimmy Doherty visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate claims that the fruit could one day be used in the fight against a number of viruses including HIV and influenza. Kate Quilton goes in search of a meat substitute that delivers its promise on the […]
- Food Unwrapped S07E03 – Bananas, Plant Meat, Crisps Jimmy visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate remarkable claims that the banana could one day be used in the fight against a number of viruses including HIV and influenza. Kate goes in search of the food industry's Holy Grail: a meat substitute that […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E11 – Revisited, Pinenuts and Pies The team present some favourite investigations. Does what our meat eats make a difference? Why are pine nuts so expensive? And why don’t shop-bought pies spill their gravy?
- Food Unwrapped S08E04 – Bell pepper,Leeks,Manuka honey Kate is in California to find out why almond butter is more expensive than other nutty spreads and she finds out that a combination of extreme weather and global economics have made the price of almonds go up.
- Food Unwrapped S08E02 – Pepper, Yeast, Crisps Kate Quilton visits Vietnam, where a global surge in demand for pepper has transformed the lives of farmers across the country. She learns the difference between black and white varieties and the secrets of peppercorn quality control, and discovers the remarkable lengths to which […]