Kate Quilton visits Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, West Sussex, meets a former soldier whose burns are being treated with an enzyme extracted from pineapples. Meanwhile, Jimmy Doherty investigates how bubbles are put in chocolate bars, while Matt Tebbutt asks if there’s any truth in the folk wisdom that mussels should be eaten only when there’s an `R’ in the month.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(4 downloads) Aired October 12, 2015
- Food Unwrapped S08E02 – Pepper, Yeast, Crisps Kate Quilton visits Vietnam, where a global surge in demand for pepper has transformed the lives of farmers across the country. She learns the difference between black and white varieties and the secrets of peppercorn quality control, and discovers the remarkable lengths to which […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E05 – Coconut Oil, Artichokes, Absinthe Kate Quilton learns how coconut oil is extracted in Vietnam before heading to the English seaside, where she commandeers a mobile chip van to find out which oil is the healthiest. Jimmy Doherty is in Italy to find out what goes into a supermarket jar of artichoke hearts, while Matt […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E03 – S08E03 Jimmy Doherty visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate claims that the fruit could one day be used in the fight against a number of viruses including HIV and influenza. Kate Quilton goes in search of a meat substitute that delivers its promise on the […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E09 – Crabs, Greens, Gummy Sweets Jimmy Doherty investigates a new technology developed in Ireland that uses high pressure to force crabs, lobsters and mussels to pop clean out of their shells. Kate Quilton learns why toddlers are hardwired to avoid unfamiliar foods and examines techniques to get fussy eaters to eat […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E08 – Plums, Vegetables, Cherry Tomatoes Putting plums, prunes and prune juice to the test, Jimmy Doherty heads to King's College London to make a concoction that will help keep people's bowel movements regular. In Holland, Matt Tebbutt meets a Dutch pioneer who may have unlocked the secret to growing vegetables using sea […]