Jimmy Doherty visits Ecuador, the largest banana exporter in the world, to investigate claims that the fruit could one day be used in the fight against a number of viruses including HIV and influenza. Kate Quilton goes in search of a meat substitute that delivers its promise on the tastebuds, visiting the Netherlands where a product called `plant meat’ has been developed by scientists. Plus, Matt Tebbutt visits one of Britain’s largest crisp manufacturers to witness the high-tech machinery used to maintain standards of quality.
- Food Unwrapped S08E05 – Coconut Oil, Artichokes, Absinthe Kate Quilton learns how coconut oil is extracted in Vietnam before heading to the English seaside, where she commandeers a mobile chip van to find out which oil is the healthiest. Jimmy Doherty is in Italy to find out what goes into a supermarket jar of artichoke hearts, while Matt […]
- Food Unwrapped S08E52 – Not To Be Missed Missions Season 08, Episode 52 – “Not To Be Missed Missions”
A look back at a selection of investigations from the Food Unwrapped casebook. Jimmy Doherty asks why so much bacon in supermarkets is Danish, and learns how mites are used to make some traditionally matured cheese. Kate Quilton finds […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E08 – Plums, Vegetables, Cherry Tomatoes Putting plums, prunes and prune juice to the test, Jimmy Doherty heads to King's College London to make a concoction that will help keep people's bowel movements regular. In Holland, Matt Tebbutt meets a Dutch pioneer who may have unlocked the secret to growing vegetables using sea […]
- Food Unwrapped S06E09 – Crabs, Greens, Gummy Sweets Jimmy Doherty investigates a new technology developed in Ireland that uses high pressure to force crabs, lobsters and mussels to pop clean out of their shells. Kate Quilton learns why toddlers are hardwired to avoid unfamiliar foods and examines techniques to get fussy eaters to eat […]
- Bob’s Burgers S07E04 Season 07, Episode 04 – “They Serve Horses, Don't They?”
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto, Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a […]