In earlier times Chinese families were expected to take care of their aged parents. But in the new, competitive climate, family ties have been fraying. And 70-year-old Liu becomes its victim.
- The Three-Body Problem (2016) 三体 Based on the novel of the same name by Cixin Liu, the first in the Remembrance of Earth’s Past trilogy. Hundreds of physicists died mysteriously. A Chinese nanomaterials expert, Wang Miao, sees a mysterious countdown in his eyes. Soon he finds out that the "disastrous planet" under three […]
- Gold Balls (2016) Competitive athletes over age 80 barnstorm the US in pursuit of a National Championship title in tennis
- Someone To Talk To (2016) An adaptation of Liu Zhenyun’s award-winning novel One Sentence Worth Ten Thousand, produced by Bill Kong. The novel, which won the Mao Dun Literature Prize after it was published in 2008, revolves around a divorced woman and her married younger brother and deals with loneliness and […]
- This Time Tomorrow (2016) Bright and beautiful, 17-year-old Adelaida enjoys a comfortable family life with her parents in an apartment in Bogotá. But soon the cracks begin to show through the veneer of this picture perfect family.
- Time to Choose (2015) Academy Award® winning director Charles Ferguson's new film investigates global climate change villains and heroes, and reveals practical solutions to act on.