In earlier times Chinese families were expected to take care of their aged parents. But in the new, competitive climate, family ties have been fraying. And 70-year-old Liu becomes its victim.
- The Three-Body Problem (2016) 三体 Based on the novel of the same name by Cixin Liu, the first in the Remembrance of Earth’s Past trilogy. Hundreds of physicists died mysteriously. A Chinese nanomaterials expert, Wang Miao, sees a mysterious countdown in his eyes. Soon he finds out that the "disastrous planet" under three […]
- Gold Balls (2016) Competitive athletes over age 80 barnstorm the US in pursuit of a National Championship title in tennis
- Ethel & Ernest (2016) This hand drawn animated film, based on the award winning graphic novel by Raymond Briggs, is an intimate and affectionate depiction of the life and times of his parents, two ordinary Londoners living through extraordinary […]
- Familieweekend (2016) A widower invites his children for a family weekend with the announcement that he has news. He is getting married with a 30 years younger woman. The children start the competition for heritage. What is more important: money or family?
- The Young Messiah (2016) Tells the story of Jesus Christ at age seven as he and his family depart Egypt to return home to Nazareth. Told from his childhood perspective, it follows young Jesus as he grows into his religious […]