‘Gameplay’ is a feature documentary on the history of video games. From ‘Pong’, ‘Pac Man’ and ‘Mario’ to ‘Call of Duty’, ‘Grand Theft Auto’ and everything in between it tells the story of how this industry was created, by whom and where it is headed. Based on the book ‘Vintage Games’.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(2 downloads) Aired September 14, 2016
- The Gamechangers (2015) This 90-minute factual drama goes behind the scenes of the hit video game Grand Theft Auto, arguably the greatest British coding success since Bletchley Park. The fastest-selling entertainment product in history comes not from Silicon Valley, but is driven by a bunch of British game […]
- From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years (2016) A feature documentary that explores the influence of the Commodore Amiga and how it took video game development, music and publishing to a whole new level and changed the video games industry forever.
- 4th Man Out (2016) Adam is your average working-class guy living in small-town America. He's an auto mechanic who spends his free time with his tight-knit band of bros, Chris, Nick and Ortu, with whom he does everything—poker, video games, shooting hoops, getting drunk and meeting women. But there is […]
- Lost Theaters of Wichita (2016) Lost Theaters of Wichita has the inside story from those who were there. It’s a tale of two great entertainment palaces—one that barely survived and the other that came crashing down while still in its prime. The Miller could still be entertaining people to this day in a grand atmosphere […]
- Atari: Game Over (2014) Atari: Game Over is the Xbox Originals documentary that chronicles the fall of the Atari Corporation through the lens of one of the biggest mysteries of all time, dubbed “The Great Video Game Burial of 1983.” Rumor claims that millions of returned and unsold E.T. cartridges were buried […]