Season 05 , Episode 01 – “Venice”
Timothy West and Prunella Scales embark on more spectacular canal journeys. This time they travel to Venice. The journey begins 14 miles west of Venice on the Brenta, a river that was first canalised in the 13th century. Lined with palaces that were once holiday homes for Venetian nobility, they follow the route that Casanova and Lord Byron took to the city. After crossing the Venetian lagoon, Tim and Pru arrive at St Mark’s Square, where they escape the busy Grand Canal and discover the tranquillity and beauty of the smaller canals that tourists rarely see. Their journey’s end is on the marshy island of Torcello, the place where Venice began.
To celebrate their golden wedding anniversary, actors Timothy West and Prunella Scales embark on four spectacular canal journeys, sharing a passion that they’ve enjoyed for decades. To start the series, Tim and Pru revisit the Kennet and Avon Canal in the West Country. Back in 1990, to promote the fully restored canal, Tim and Pru were invited to be the first boat in 42 years to travel the full length of the K&A. Almost a quarter of a century later, they navigate the 21 miles along its most picturesque stretch, starting in Bath and ending in Devizes.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(3 downloads) Aired August 25, 2016
- Great Canal Journeys S05E03 – Leeds and Liverpool Canal Season 05, Episode 03 – “Leeds and Liverpool Canal”
Timothy West and Prunella Scales embark on a journey into their pasts, via the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, which celebrates its 200th anniversary this year. Despite living most their lives in the South, they both have Northern roots, […]
- Hooten & the Lady S01E08 Season 01, Episode 08 – “Caribbean”
Alex puts her wedding in jeopardy as she follows Hooten to an idyllic Caribbean island, searching for Captain Henry Morgan's buried pirate treasure. With half a map each and other hunters on their tail, this larger-than-life expedition threatens to […]
- Hell On Wheels S05E11 – Gambit Season 5, Episode 11 – “Gambit”
Mickey’s dirty business with Durant leaves him with blood on his hands. Meanwhile, Campbell’s return to town complicates Louise’s life.
Hell on Wheels tells the epic story of post-Civil War America, focusing on a Confederate soldier (Mount) who sets […]
- Hotel Hell S03E08 – Landoll’s Mohican Castle Season 3, Episode 8 - “Landoll’s Mohican Castle”
Gordon Ramsay heads to Loudonville, OH, where he meets a woman who works countless hours to keep her hotel and events business afloat. After assessing the situation, Gordon urges her son to learn the business and take the reins from his […]
- Top Gear S23E04 – The Aston Martin Vulcan Chris, Matt and Sabine purchase a cheap second-hand car each and drive to Venice to prove that travel by road can be just as luxurious as taking the train. Brian Cox and Bear Grylls are this week’s Stars in a Rally Cross Car.