Season 05 , Episode 01 – “Venice”
Timothy West and Prunella Scales embark on more spectacular canal journeys. This time they travel to Venice. The journey begins 14 miles west of Venice on the Brenta, a river that was first canalised in the 13th century. Lined with palaces that were once holiday homes for Venetian nobility, they follow the route that Casanova and Lord Byron took to the city. After crossing the Venetian lagoon, Tim and Pru arrive at St Mark’s Square, where they escape the busy Grand Canal and discover the tranquillity and beauty of the smaller canals that tourists rarely see. Their journey’s end is on the marshy island of Torcello, the place where Venice began.
To celebrate their golden wedding anniversary, actors Timothy West and Prunella Scales embark on four spectacular canal journeys, sharing a passion that they’ve enjoyed for decades. To start the series, Tim and Pru revisit the Kennet and Avon Canal in the West Country. Back in 1990, to promote the fully restored canal, Tim and Pru were invited to be the first boat in 42 years to travel the full length of the K&A. Almost a quarter of a century later, they navigate the 21 miles along its most picturesque stretch, starting in Bath and ending in Devizes.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(4 downloads) Aired August 25, 2016
- Great Canal Journeys S05E03 – Leeds and Liverpool Canal Season 05, Episode 03 – “Leeds and Liverpool Canal”
Timothy West and Prunella Scales embark on a journey into their pasts, via the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, which celebrates its 200th anniversary this year. Despite living most their lives in the South, they both have Northern roots, […]
- Great Canal Journeys S05E02 – Netherlands Season 05 , Episode 02 – “Netherlands”
Tim and Pru explore a network totally new to them as they embark on a voyage across the Netherlands. Travelling from the Windmills of the Kinderdijk to the vibrant city of Amsterdam, they explore a country that was partly created by its canals. […]
- Great Canal Journeys S04E03 – Stratford-upon-Avon Timothy and Prunella take a trip down the Stratford-upon-Avon Canal, one of Britain's most picturesque waterways, and also pay tribute to William Shakespeare
- Best Friends Whenever S02E04 – Girl Code Season 02, Episode 04 – “Girl Code"
Barry is too busy to help Shelby build her website so she takes matters in to her own hands; Cyd and Naldo win a boat and try to hide it in the backyard.
The series follows Shelby and Cyd, who gain the power to leap forward and backward in time […]
- Barely Famous S02E05 – Back in L.A. for Big Fun Brad, Brett and tour manager Marty enjoy some fun in the California sun as they take in some R & R between concert dates with Tim McGraw, Big Kenny, and Big & Rich's ""Two Foot Fred"". After several weeks of exhaustive touring, the boys find themselves with a few free days to […]