Season 01, Episode 03 — “Morocco”
Chicken was barely eaten in North Africa before the 1970s and now it is the most eaten meat in Morocco. In Tetouan, the gastronomical and poultry capital of the country, the boys experience the full extent of Spanish and Moorish influences on Moroccan cuisine. In the mountains north of Fez, Dave and Si cook a chicken tagine with preserved lemons and olives for some rebel Berbers, before heading into the city itself where they make rose and pistachio ice cream to cool down after a visit to a Hamman. The boys join a hen(na!) party after which they are taught how to make the special pastry for their piece de resistance, chicken pastilla pie.
The Hairy Bikers are on a mission to find the best chicken and egg recipes in the world. Biking across Europe, the Middle East and America, the boys celebrate the versatility of both chicken and egg.
- Hairy Bikers: Chicken & Egg S1E02 – France Season 01, Episode 02 — “France”
Si and Dave are determined to find out why French chickens are heralded as the poshest birds on the planet. They start their investigations in Lyon, arguably the home of modern French gastronomy, to discover the secrets behind haute cuisine. They visit a […]
- Hairy Bikers: Chicken & Egg S1E01 – UK Season 01, Episode 01 — “UK”
The Hairy Bikers are on a mission to find, cook and eat the most delicious chicken and egg recipes in the world. Biking across Europe, the Middle East and America, the boys celebrate the versatility and universality of both chicken and egg.They start their […]
- Cooked S01E03 – Air Season 01, Episode 03 - “Air”
Visit food labs and Moroccan fields as Pollan delves into the science of bread-making and the nature of gluten.
- Jamie’s Super Food S01E06 – Health Bomb Breakfast and Chicken and Hummus Jamie Oliver finds out whether wholegrain cracked wheat is a possible reason so many residents of the Greek island of Ikaria live for so long. He then heads to Okinawa in Japan to explore the secrets behind local fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices, and learns about the concept of nuchi […]
- The New Yorker Presents S01E05 – Episode 5 WOLVESMOUTH: Filmmaker Lucy Walker (The Crash Reel) profiles renegade chef Craig Thornton. THE FRIED CHICKEN KING OF HARLEM: Chef Charles Gabriel is an uptown institution. COUPLE’S FIRST DINNER PARTY, SERVES SIX: Director Janicza Bravo gives us the recipe for a dinner gone wrong. […]