The workers talk about the pleasure of starting work in a shipyard, the pride of making the vessel, and the recognition of workers and the high spirit of their novel struggle. There was solidarity everywhere, even in each other’s mind. But there is no more energy in Hanjin Shipyard. The workers have been laid-off and the strike shows no sign of stopping. A 34 year-old worker committed suicide as well. It’s the fourth who has become a martyr for the cause. Why have the laborers who worked at Hanjin shipyard separated like this? They are starting to ask themselves why they decided to hate each other.
- Asian Ghost Story (2016) The spirit of a dead Chinese railway worker seeking revenge possesses the body of a lethal assassin!
- In Dubious Battle (2017) In the California apple country, nine hundred migratory workers rise up "in dubious battle" against the landowners. The group takes on a life of its own-stronger than its individual members and more frightening. Led by the doomed Jim Nolan, the strike is founded on his tragic idealism-on […]
- Court (2015) A sewerage worker's dead body is found inside a manhole in Mumbai. An ageing folk singer is tried in court on charges of abetment of suicide. He is accused of performing an inflammatory song which might have incited the worker to commit the act. As the trial unfolds, the personal lives […]
- Ballad of Return (2016) Canção da Volta
One day, Eduardo arrives at his house and discovers that Julia, his wife, tried to commit suicide. She left her husband and two children without saying goodbye. After some time, she comes back home. He tries everything to set her straight, but the impossibility of […]
- Superstore S01E11 – Labor Season 01, Episode 11 – “Labor”
Cheyenne has her baby, but she continues working because Cloud 9 doesn’t provide paid maternity leave. Jonah sets out to change this, but when the word “union” is mentioned, corporate flies into a frenzy. The Season 1 […]