Jota, de Saura
The new film from legendary Spanish filmmaker Carlos Saura (Carmen, Tango) captures the vivacity and charisma of the jota, a waltz-like castanet dance with its origins in Saura’s home province of Aragon.
- De Palma (2016) An intimate conversation between filmmakers, chronicling De Palma’s 55-year career, his life, and his filmmaking process, with revealing anecdotes and, of course, a wealth of film […]
- Descendants (2015) A present-day idyllic kingdom where the benevolent teenage son of King Adam and Queen Belle offers a chance of redemption for the troublemaking offspring of Disney's classic villains: Cruella De Vil (Carlos), Maleficent (Mal), the Evil Queen (Evvie) and Jafar […]
- Last Tango in Halifax Special Christmas- Part II Caroline tells Gillian the truth about why she had to take the new headship, and Gillian's mounting guilt over Eddie's death drives her to make a life-changing decision. Celia takes to the stage in the local production of Blithe Spirit and a twist of fate means Alan is forced to confront […]
- Around China with a Movie Camera (2016) A new film compiled from the BFI National Archive's unparalleled holdings of early films of China, features films from 1900-48 filmed across China. The cinematic journey of Around China with a Movie Camera contains many films which may never have been seen in China, or at the very least […]
- Swing State (2016) A bohemian Seattle DJ uses his on-air charisma to create a fictitious conservative radio personality, becoming an overnight sensation.