Season 1, Episode 7 – “Hapkido”
Janet is taking a Hapkido class, but Mr. Kim questions her teacher’s techniques. Jung runs into an old flame and Mrs. Kim tries to get them back together.
KIM’S CONVENIENCE is the funny, heartfelt story of The Kims, a Korean-Canadian family, running a convenience store in downtown Toronto. Mr. and Mrs. Kim (‘Appa’ and ‘Umma’) immigrated to Toronto in the 80’s to set up shop near Regent Park and had two kids, Jung and Janet who are now young adults. However, when Jung was 16, he and Appa had a major falling out involving a physical fight, stolen money and Jung leaving home. Father and son have been estranged since.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(1 downloads) Aired November 23, 2016
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(2 downloads) Aired November 23, 2016
- Coming Through The Rye (2016) Coming Through the Rye, set in 1969, is a touching coming of age story of sensitive, 16 yr. old Jamie Schwartz, who is not the most popular kid at his all boys' boarding school. Disconnected from students and teachers, he believes he is destined to play Holden Caulfield, the main […]
- Long Long Time Ago 2 (2016) 我们的故事 2 Zhao Di takes over her family farm with the help of Ah Long after the 1969 floods. After the government started reclaiming land for development in 1977, licensed owners like Zhao Di are compensated but her brother accuses her of having an affair with Ah Long to get the money for himself. […]
- Too Close To Home S02E01 Season 2, Episode 1 - The Mysterious Man
Happy, Ala., is shaken by a catastrophic event in the Season 2 premiere.
Tells the story of a young woman from a modest upbringing who discovers she may have a bright future in Washington D.C.'s fast-paced political scene. When Anna leaves her […]
- Yourself and Yours (2016) 당신 자신과 당신의 것
Painter Youngsoo (Kim Joo-hyuk) hears secondhand that his girlfriend, Minjung (Lee Yoo-young), has recently had (many) drinks with an unknown man. This leads to a quarrel that seems to end their relationship. The next day, Youngsoo sets out in search of her, at the same […]
- Brooklyn (2015) Tells the profoundly moving story of Eilis Lacey (Saoirse Ronan), a young Irish immigrant navigating her way through 1950s Brooklyn. Lured by the promise of America, Eilis departs Ireland and the comfort of her mother’s home for the shores of New York City. The initial shackles of […]