Season 01 , Episode 4 – “Bangkok, Thailand (2)”
Luke ventures through the back streets of Bangkok in search of the best tom yum soup in the city. Then he entertains the locals creating a disappearing Thai delicacy, fresh dancing shrimp salad. Luke wanders through the streets of Chinatown before dining with locals at a 70-year-old street food stall only centimetres away from hectic traffic. He then meets up with his friend Chow who takes him to a famous street restaurant called Thip Samai where they watch the chefs cook the best pad Thai in Bangkok, ten serves at a time!
In this Southeast Asian culinary exploration, Luke Nguyen travels through Saigon, Vietnam; Bangkok, Thailand; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E08 – Jakarta, Indonesia (2) Season 01 , Episode 8 – “Jakarta, Indonesia (2)”
In the final part of his street food journey, Luke visits a busy stall that’s been serving a traditional Indonesian salad since 1961. Luke indulges in an Indonesian dessert, the sweet martabak, known as the ‘King of Street Food’. After […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E07 – Jakarta, Indonesia (1) Season 01 , Episode 7 – “Jakarta, Indonesia (1)”
Meeting up with his old friend, Derice, Luke unearths the delicious delicacies of Chinatown, finding the experience a melting pot of diverse cultural cuisines. Luke joins the locals beneath the tall city skyscrapers and uncovers a truly […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E06 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2) Season 01 , Episode 6 – “Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2)”
Luke continues unearthing different street foods in Kuala Lumpur starting at the central Jalan Imbi market. With the market already busy at 7:30 in the morning Luke is lucky to meet a friend with a table where he’s able to taste some […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E03 – Bangkok, Thailand (1) Season 01 , Episode 3 – “Bangkok, Thailand (1)”
Luke continues his street food journey and with different street food vendors on every corner he stumbles across hidden stalls and characters like Miaw who teaches him how to cook a traditional Thai sweet dessert, Thai coconut pudding. […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E02 – Saigon, Vietnam – Part 2 Season 01 , Episode 2 – “Saigon, Vietnam - Part 2”
Luke continues through the streets of Saigon in District 1, visiting his favourite pho restaurant. He then uncovers a family dispute between two sisters with competing food stalls both called number one Xôi Gà, then it’s off to Miss […]