Season 01 , Episode 6 – “Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2)”
Luke continues unearthing different street foods in Kuala Lumpur starting at the central Jalan Imbi market. With the market already busy at 7:30 in the morning Luke is lucky to meet a friend with a table where he’s able to taste some of the different dishes parading past him as the locals enjoy their breakfast. Having reserved the table Luke heads off to talk to some local stall-holders and fills his plate high with different tasty treats. Luke then meets Mr Sou who has been cooking a hearty pork bone soup with medicinal herbal properties for more than 20 years. Luke learns from Grandma Lim who’s perfected her noodle making skills for 40 years to create the most delicious Chinese-Malay dishes.
In this Southeast Asian culinary exploration, Luke Nguyen travels through Saigon, Vietnam; Bangkok, Thailand; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E05 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1) Season 01 , Episode 5 – “Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1)”
Luke continues his street food journey venturing into multicultural Kuala Lumpur. Luke meets his friend Tana in Brickfields, an area filled with a variety of different Indian dishes. Tana escorts Luke to his favourite street food […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E04 – Bangkok, Thailand (2) Season 01 , Episode 4 – “Bangkok, Thailand (2)”
Luke ventures through the back streets of Bangkok in search of the best tom yum soup in the city. Then he entertains the locals creating a disappearing Thai delicacy, fresh dancing shrimp salad. Luke wanders through the streets of […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E01 – Saigon, Vietnam – Part 1 Season 01 , Episode 1 – “Saigon, Vietnam - Part 1”
Luke begins his adventure in his family’s home city of Saigon, Vietnam, where getting up early in the morning and venturing straight into the hustle and bustle of the markets is part of everyday life. It’s here talking with the stall […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E02 – Saigon, Vietnam – Part 2 Season 01 , Episode 2 – “Saigon, Vietnam - Part 2”
Luke continues through the streets of Saigon in District 1, visiting his favourite pho restaurant. He then uncovers a family dispute between two sisters with competing food stalls both called number one Xôi Gà, then it’s off to Miss […]
- Luke Nguyen’s Street Food Asia S01E03 – Bangkok, Thailand (1) Season 01 , Episode 3 – “Bangkok, Thailand (1)”
Luke continues his street food journey and with different street food vendors on every corner he stumbles across hidden stalls and characters like Miaw who teaches him how to cook a traditional Thai sweet dessert, Thai coconut pudding. […]