Residents in a town have a hard time due to the land tax and forced labor. 9 people, including Juzaburo Kokutaya (Sadao Abe), worry about the future of their town. They then set up a plan to save the town. The plan is to lend large amounts of money to han (historical term for the estate of a warrior) and distribute the interest annually to the residents, but if they’re caught they will lose their lives.
- Jericho (2016) S01E04 – Episode 4 Johnny feels increasingly isolated as the truth about his identity spreads like wildfire throughout the town; Annie’s business ambitions creates tension between her and Coates; Charles meanwhile stands to lose everything.
- Asterix: The Land of the Gods (2014) Le domaine des Dieux
In order to wipe out the Gaulish village by any means necessary, Caesar plans to absorb the villagers into Roman culture by having an estate built next to the village to start a new Roman colony.
Astérix: Le Domaine des Dieux
Asterix: The Land of […]
- The Great Wall (2016) Set in 15th century China, The Great Wall is about British warriors who happen upon the hurried construction of the massive wall. As night falls, the warriors realize that the haste in building the wall isn’t just to keep out the Mongols — there is something inhuman and more […]
- How to Steal a Dog (2014) A young girl’s (Lee Re) father goes bankrupt. The girl's family loses their houses and they don't have a place to live. One day, the girl sees a flyer offering a reward of $500 for a missing dog. The young girl then sets out to "borrow" dogs from wealthy families to obtain reward […]
- Denial (2016) Acclaimed writer and historian Deborah E. Lipstadt must battle for historical truth to prove the Holocaust actually occurred when David Irving, a renowned denier, sues her for libel.