From abject poverty to becoming a ten-time boxing world champion, congressman, and international icon, Manny Pacquiao is the true definition of a Cinderella story. In the Philippines, he first entered the ring as a sixteen-year-old weighing ninety-eight pounds with the goal of earning money to feed his family. Now, almost twenty years later, when he fights, the country of 100 million people comes to a complete standstill to watch. Regarded for his ability to bring people together, Pacquiao entered the political arena in 2010. As history’s first boxing congressman, Pacquiao now fights for his people both inside and outside of the ring. Now at the height of his career, he is faced with maneuvering an unscrupulous sport while maintaining his political duties. The question now is, what bridge is too far for Manny Pacquiao to cross?
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(0 downloads) Aired April 29, 2016
- Irudhi Suttru (2015) Irudhi Suttru / Saala Khadoos is an upcoming bilingual sport drama film written and directed by Sudha Kongara Prasad. The film features R. Madhavan in the leading role as a boxing coach, and is being simultaneously made in Tamil and Hindi, under the title Saala […]
- Kako: My Sullen Past (2016) ふきげんな過去 (Fukigen na Kako) Ah, the wistful summers of near adulthood--or, for high schooler Kako (the ever-amazing Fumi Nikaido), drudging through the humid months of caring for her young niece at her family's sleepy restaurant in Kitashinagawa, Tokyo. However that all changes when her aunt Mikiko (Kyoko Koizumi), […]
- Metro (2016) ‘Metro’ is directed by Anand Krishnan who earlier made the Vidharth starrer ‘Aal’ that spoke about terrorism. The theme of ‘Metro’ is that India is the highest gold possessing country in the world but a very high percentage of the citizens are in poverty and the film seeks to find a […]
- In Jackson Heights (2015) Legendary documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman (At Berkeley, National Gallery) explores the culture, politics and daily life of the Queens, NYC district of Jackson Heights, which lays claim to being the most diverse neighbourhood in the world.
- The 33 (2015) In 2010, the eyes of the world turned to Chile, where 33 miners had been buried alive by the catastrophic explosion and collapse of a 100-year-old gold and copper mine. Over the next 69 days, an international team worked night and day in a desperate attempt to rescue the trapped men as […]