Season 43, Episode 06 – “Making North America Part 1 Origins”
When I was little, I remember going on a class trip to Bear Creek. We went hiking through the forest and even crawled through a cave. I often wondered how valleys, rivers and mountains came to be. What did North America look like before the settlers arrived?
Well tonight we can find out. NOVA presents a three-part series called, Making North America. In episode 1: Origins paleontologist, Kirk Johnson will take us on a journey of how North America was born. Three billion years ago the magic of Mother Nature, implemented through floods, eruptions and impacts from outer space, shaped what is now North America.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(27 downloads) Aired December 3, 2015
- NOVA S43E07 – Making North America Part 2 Life Season 43, Episode 07 - “Making North America Part 2 Life”
Discover the surprising intertwined story of life and the landscape in North America—from origins to iconic dinosaurs to giant marine reptiles swimming in an ancient sea that once split the continent in two.
- NOVA S43E08 – Making North America Part 3 Human Season 43, Episode 08 - “Making North America Part 3 Human”
From the gold rush to the oil boom, the hidden riches of our landscape have helped Americans prosper. But as our cities grow, so do the risks of catastrophic natural disasters, such as the supervolcano under Yellowstone that […]
- The Encounter (2015) When Collin Bastrow is found in the forest, alone and afraid, he has a shocking story to tell. As he struggles to recount the events of the previous night his memories return in a series of horrific flashes of what became of his friends and fiancée. What started as a simple camping trip […]
- Lair Of The Beast (2016) Four friends hike into the Pinewood forest to find evidence of the Chupacabra, a creature believed to be responsible for the disappearance of a group of experienced hikers a year earlier.
- Black-ish S02E10 – Stuff Dre thinks Christmas has become commercialized and is all about “stuff,” and no one loves “stuff” more than his kids. Pops and Ruby think they have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas and come up with a new plan to pare down gifts and spend more time together. The kids don’t handle […]