London. The Summer of 2012. As rehearsals take place in a rainy Dagenham car park, Director Danny Boyle reveals a glimpse of his Opening Ceremony to the press. Some denounce it as the “Tellytubby Olympics” – others fear that it can never compete with the spectacle of Beijing. Everything pointed to an embarrassing failure. So how did one night in 2012 become ‘The Greatest Show on Earth’? This is the story of a unique night when the Brits began to believe in themselves again. A night which showed the country what it could achieve when extraordinary people pulled together. A night which went beyond everyone’s expectations. For the first time since that night, Danny Boyle and the creative team behind the ceremony reunite in the company of Alan Yentob to explain the thinking that went into creating one of the country’s finer moments.
- QI S13E07 – Middle Muddle Quiz show in which the aim is to be interesting. Stephen Fry muddles through the middle show of the middle series of QI with Aisling Bea, Danny Bhoy, Jimmy Carr and Alan Davies.
- Boomers S02E02 – Camping Alan is in the middle of doing a loft clear-out when new couple Matt and Seb show up to invite them to their housewarming party that night. Carol’s keen to leave the party early as she and Trevor are coming to the end of a period of sexual lent.
- Outcast S01E05 – Das schwarze Gift Season 1, Episode 5 - “The Road Before Us”
Kyle presses his estranged wife, Allison, to meet; a suspicious Chief Giles shadows his best friend.
Outcast centers on Kyle Barnes, who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a spiritual journey to […]
- River S01E01- Episode 1 Season 1, Episode 1
John River is a respected police officer haunted by the murder victims whose secrets he must uncover. Struggling to come to terms with the recent loss of a close colleague, River chases a potential suspect across London, with tragic consequences. In his fragile […]
- Top Gear (US) S06E08 – Winter Drop Top Season 08 , Episode 08 – “Winter Drop Top”
The guys thumb their nose at common sense and take to the snowy peaks of the Rocky Mountains to test all-wheel drive convertibles in challenges that make the Winter Olympics look like a walk in the park. But will they freeze to death doing […]