In Pursuit of Peace follows four Canadians on the front lines of international peace initiatives – in South Sudan, Turkey, Congo and Iraq. We experience the challenges of their work, exploring how their peace building strategies are put to the test in this new 21st century paradigm of conflict resolution.
- We Come as Friends (2014) As war-ravaged South Sudan claims independence from North Sudan and its brutal President, Omar al-Bashir, a tiny, homemade prop plane wings in from France. It is piloted by eagle-eyed documentarian Hubert Sauper, who is mining for stories in a land trapped in the past but careening […]
- VICE S04E10 – Trump in Dubai & China in Africa Season 04 , Episode 10 – “Trump in Dubai / China in Africa”
Ben Anderson interviews migrant workers in the United Arab Emirates, some of whom are working on a development for Donald Trump; Isobel Yeung investigates the conspicuousness of Chinese investment in Africa and the financing of […]
- The Hunt S01E01 – The Hardest Challenge Season 1, Episode 1 - “The Hardest Challenge”
The contests between predators and prey are the most dramatic events in nature. The Hardest Challenge reveals the extraordinary range of techniques predators use to catch their prey – from a leopard using all its powers of stealth to stalk […]
- The Hunt S01E02 – In the Grip of the Seasons (Arctic) In the Grip of the Seasons looks at the challenges of hunting in the Arctic, the most seasonal place on Earth. To a predator, seasonal change is a problem. It means that all the parameters of the hunt - the conditions, the strategies, the prey - change too. The only option for the […]
- A Certain Justice (2014) Puncture Wounds After returning home from a traumatic tour of duty in Iraq, John finds himself struggling with PTSD. What little peace he had managed to build around him is shattered one fateful day when he rescues a local call girl from a group of violent Aryan Brotherhood pimps. Having killed several […]