Season 1, Episode 3
The group take part in laughing yoga, with hilarious results. Then go in search of a cultural fix, finding it in the heart of Jaipur’s largest slum which has been home to acrobats, magicians and puppeteers for centuries.They visit Varanasi, a hugely popular destination and one of the holiest Hindu cities in India. Hindus visit to be purified by the waters of the Ganges and to cremate their dead in the hope they have the best chance of reaching nirvana.Settling into local life, they attend Ganesh Chaturti festival, one of the highlights of the Hindu calendar and a riot of colour and noise, packed with people, floats and elephants.Bobby and Jan lead the group in a hunt for property. Bobby is keen to find somewhere to buy, while Jan falls in love with the idea of renting an apartment in a haveli amongst a local family.With one week left of their Indian adventure, what conclusions will they reach about the realities of retiring to the other side of the world?
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(12 downloads) Aired February 19, 2016
- The Real Marigold Hotel S01E01 – Part 1 Miriam Margolyes, Wayne Sleep, Sylvester McCoy, Roy Walker, Rosemary Shrager, Bobby George, Patti Boulaye and Jan Leeming see if they can have a better retirement in India than in the UK.
Season 1, Episode 1
The group arrive at their new home in Jaipur and are initially unsettled by […]
- Sanjay’s Super Team (2015) Sanjay's Super Team follows the daydream of a young Indian boy, bored with his father's religious meditation, who imagines "a kind of ancient, Hindu version of The Avengers, with the gods appearing like superheros.
- Indian Summers S02E01 – Episode 1 A terrorist attack against the British Viceroy of India sees Aafrin Dalal left in the frame. As the Viceroy fights for his life, Aafrin finds it hard to keep his secret life as a nationalist spy from being revealed.
- Hawaizaada (2015) The film, set in the pre-independence era of Bombay of 1895, is based on the life on an Indian scientist Shivkar Bapuji Talpade, who is credited to with the construction of India's first unmanned plane, as well as the hardships that he went through on his journey of discovery.
- Karl Pilkington: The Moaning Of Life S02E02 – Identity Season 02, Episode 02 - “Identity”
Karl Pilkington is 40 now, and after three successful series of `An Idiot Abroad’ that sent him around the world, it’s time to re-assess his life. So, of course, he sets off on another globetrotting adventure, one of self-discovery that he hopes yields […]