Director-producer Andrew Wiseman began filming Richard and his family in 1989, making the documentaries Driving with Richard (1992) and Wonder Boy (2001) before On Richard’s Side – the culmination of his 27-year project. Richard was born with a complex disability. He needs 24-hour care, seven days a week. Now in her early sixties, his mother Deirdre is apprehensive about her son’s future. She is determined to build a circle of friends and carers for Richard, and to find him sustainable long-term accommodation. Wiseman’s intimate documentary, enriched by Deirdre’s impassioned voice, reveals just what it means to care for someone who needs care for life.
- The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (2015) Robert Durst, scion of one of New York’s billionaire real estate families, has been accused of three murders but never convicted. Brilliant, reclusive, and the subject of relentless media scrutiny, he’s never spoken publicly—until now. During interviews with Andrew Jarecki, he reveals […]
- In Jackson Heights (2015) Legendary documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman (At Berkeley, National Gallery) explores the culture, politics and daily life of the Queens, NYC district of Jackson Heights, which lays claim to being the most diverse neighbourhood in the world.
- Tony (2016) Tony is a responsible 19 year old boy who is caring for his mentally ill mother. Whilst at work in the local card shop, best friend Reece comes in and invites Tony out for a party. After receiving a worried phone call, Tony is torn between his social life and the responsibility of his mother.
- The True Cost (2015) Film from Andrew Morgan. The True Cost is a documentary film exploring the impact of fashion on people and the planet.
- Dora or The Sexual Neuroses of Our Parents (2015) After her mother decided that the eighteen-year-old mentally disabled Dora no longer has to take psychotherapeutic drugs, the young woman begins to blossom. The sedated teenager was never a problem for her surroundings – but new challenges arise when the pleasure-loving young woman […]