Searching for Realism is a winding exploration of Nova Scotia, Canada and of it’s contemporary realist artists, their curators and their exhibition “Capture 2014: Nova Scotian Realism.” The film invites us to join in the curatorial journey through artist’ studios across the province and culminates with the exhibition opening at Dalhousie University Art Gallery. Searching for Realism provides a window into realist painting in Nova Scotia from the point of view of the artists themselves, who took matters into their own hands and organized this record-breaking exhibition.
- My Life So Far (2016) My Life So Far is a revealing portrait of a young Haitian Canadian returning to her native country to rediscover her culture, her struggles and successes as an athlete and her transformation into an independent young woman. Cassandre left Haiti in 1994 when she was adopted by Canadian […]
- Contemporary Color (2016) In the summer of 2015, legendary musician David Byrne staged an event at Brooklyn's Barclays Center to celebrate the art of Color Guard: synchronized dance routines involving flags, rifles, and sabers. Recruiting performers that include the likes of Saint Vincent, Nelly Furtado, Ad-Rock, […]
- Blindspot S01E15 – Older Cutthroat Canyon Season 01, Episode 15 – “Older Cutthroat Canyon”
A painting is stolen from an art gallery, and its image is featured on one of Jane’s tattoos. Before long, the team realize that Jane is the true target, and she then runs away to safeguard the team.
- Call Her Applebroog (2016) This deeply personal portrait of acclaimed New York–based artist Ida Applebroog was shot with mischievous reverence by her filmmaker daughter, Beth B. Born in the Bronx to Orthodox Jewish émigrés from Poland, Applebroog, now in her 80s, looks back at how she expressed herself through […]
- Sarusuberi: Miss Hokusai (2015) The time: 1814. The place: Edo, now known as Tokyo. One of the highest populated cities in the world, teeming with peasants, samurai, townsmen, merchants, nobles, artists, courtesans, and perhaps even supernatural things. A much accomplished artist of his time and now in his mid-fifties, […]