In the 1970s, the Munich Group set about revolutionizing German film with low budgets and an excess of creativity. The Bungalow bar next to the Türkendolch theater was their meeting place, who were inspired by the French New Wave and New Hollywood. Munich Group star Iris Berben takes us on a journey back through time, a wild trip full of film clips and interviews with major figures of an unforgettable era.
- The Bandit (2016) THE BANDIT is a film about 70s superstar Burt Reynolds, his best friend, roommate and stunt-double Hal Needham, and the making of their unlikely smash-hit SMOKEY & THE BANDIT. The film tells the action-packed story of the making of SMOKEY, while tracing the vivid personal journeys of […]
- Honey 3 (2016) Dare to Dance
While attending college in Cape Town, Melea Martin feels constrained by the school's strict policies, and decides to set out on her own. Searching for a way to use her talents as a dancer and inspire the community around her, Melea rents a failing theater in order to put […]
- Sayonara (2015) The world's first human-android acting duo, called Android Theater Project, is the collaborative brainchild of noted Japanese playwright Oriza Hirata and the leading robotics scientist Hiroshi Ishiguro. "Sayonara" is a remakable android play and has been adapted to feature film by the […]
- Lost Theaters of Wichita (2016) Lost Theaters of Wichita has the inside story from those who were there. It’s a tale of two great entertainment palaces—one that barely survived and the other that came crashing down while still in its prime. The Miller could still be entertaining people to this day in a grand atmosphere […]
- The Strangers 2 (2016) The plot follows a family of four who have been evicted from their home due to the economy, and are paid a visit by the same three strangers from the first film. It is not known whether the sequel will follow a theatrical or a straight-to-DVD release. Liv Tyler will return as Kristen […]