Drama set in 1942, during one of the most important battles of World War II, which stopped the progress of Nazi forces and turned the tide of war in favor of the Allies. The Soviet army mounts a counter-attack on the Nazi forces that occupy half of Stalingrad on the other side of the Volga, but the operation to cross the river is unsuccessful. A few soldiers who managed to get to the other side take refuge in a house on the bank of Volga. Here they find a girl who didn’t escape when the Germans came. While the whole might of the German army descends onto them, the heroes of Stalingrad experience love, loss, joy and the sense of ultimate freedom that can only be felt by those about to die. They defend the house at all costs while the Red Army prepares for another attack.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(6 downloads) Aired December 25, 2015
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(22 downloads) Aired December 25, 2015
- Fury (2014) Last months of World War II in April 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theater, a battle-hardened U.S. Army sergeant in the 2nd Armored Division named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank called "Fury" and its five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. […]
- Last Tango in Halifax Special Christmas- Part II Caroline tells Gillian the truth about why she had to take the new headship, and Gillian's mounting guilt over Eddie's death drives her to make a life-changing decision. Celia takes to the stage in the local production of Blithe Spirit and a twist of fate means Alan is forced to confront […]
- April 9th (2015) In the early morning of April 9th 1940 the Danish army is alerted. The Germans have crossed the border; Denmark is at war against Europe's strongest army. In Southern Jutland Danish bicycle- and motorcycle companies are ordered out, to against all odds, hold back the forces until the […]
- Nirvana in Fire (2015) During the great unrest of 4th-century China, war breaks out between the feudal Northern Wei and Southern Liang dynasties. General Lin Xie of Liang takes his only 17-year-old son, Lin Shu, into battle and successfully fights off the hostile Wei army. But when a political rival frames […]
- The Notebook (2004) An epic love story centered around an older man who reads aloud to a woman with Alzheimer's. From a faded notebook, the old man's words bring to life the story about a couple who is separated by World War II, and is then passionately reunited, seven years later, after they have taken […]