Adapted freely from the classic novella ‘The Mysterious Stranger’ by Mark Twain; STRANGER revives a subculture of cinema dug up from way back in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s when visions of the counterculture broke out onto the big screen. Classic examples merged the Western genre with ‘hippy’ ideals and political satire peppered with surrealism, psychedelia and absurdity. This resulted in some of the most memorable exercises of transgressive cinema; marrying trash and high art with a Western setting. Prime examples include the notorious “El Topo” by Alejandro Jodorowsky and “Greaser’s Palace” by Robert Downey. STRANGER will assault the senses, inheriting the guerilla, no-holds-barred spirit of the underground classics before it.
- Little Boy (2015) This is a powerful and moving film about a little boy who is willing to do whatever it takes to bring his dad home from World War II alive. The heartwarming story will capture your heart and lift your spirits as it reveals the indescribable love a little boy has for his father and the […]
- Mark Twain Prize for American Humor S01E19 – Bill Murray
Honoring the best in American comedy annually since 1998, the recipients of the prestigious Mark Twain Prize for American Humor have included the likes of Billy Crystal, George Carlin, Carol Burnett, Bob Newhart, Steve Martin, Ellen DeGeneres, Eddie Murphy, and Tina Fey.
- Modus S01E01 – Snitches Get Stitches During a snowy Christmas season in Sweden, psychologist and profiler Inger Johanne Vik finds not only herself but also her autistic daughter drawn into the investigation of a number of disturbing deaths, through which she meets detective Ingvar Nyman at the Stockholm Police. Nyman is […]
- Modus S01E06 – Episode 6 Season 01, Episode 06
During a snowy Christmas season in Sweden, psychologist and profiler Inger Johanne Vik finds not only herself but also her autistic daughter drawn into the investigation of a number of disturbing deaths, through which she meets detective Ingvar Nymann at the […]
- The Who – Live in Hyde Park (2015) This Autumn, The Who’s epic 50th Anniversary Tour finale show is coming to cinemas, recorded at Hyde Park this Summer. Come and experience (or relive!) all the greatest hits on the big screen, including ‘Who Are You’, ‘My Generation’, ‘I Can See For Miles’, ‘Pinball Wizard’, ‘See Me Feel […]