The extraordinary life of Chickasaw Nation citizen Mary Thompson Fisher is given a heartfelt tribute in this moving look at a culture in transition, and the way one woman used her voice to keep Native traditions and stories alive. Raised in Indian Territory, Fisher left home to pursue her dream of becoming an actress, only to find that her true calling was at home all along. From Chautauquas to Broadway and even the White House, Fisher traveled the world performing Native American songs and stories for heads of state, American presidents, and European royalty. Featuring Chickasaw citizens both in front of and be-hind the camera, this touching portrait starring Q’orianka Kilcher (“The New World”) and Graham Greene honors a woman whose own story was the most inspiring one she never told. -TCFF database
- Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds (2017) An intimate portrait of Hollywood royalty featuring Debbie Reynolds, Todd Fisher, and Carrie […]
- Gespensterjäger (2015) The Thompson parents are worried, because their eleven year-old son Tom often daydreams and is scared of lots of things, especially the dark, damp cellar beneath their apartment. Not entirely without reason, because it's there that one day he meets a bright green, slime-dripping ghost: […]
- Major Crimes S05E11 – White Lies (1) Season 05, Episode 11 – “White Lies Part 1”
Part 1 of 3. The detectives tie up loose ends from an investigation into white supremacists by auditing a serial killer's trial, leading to their most perilous case yet. Also, Rusty's psychologist has a confrontation that jeopardizes his […]
- American Housewife S01E04 Season 01, Episode 04 – “Art Show”
Anna-Kat draws a portrait of Katie that makes her look super plus-sized, so Katie goes to extremes to retrieve it. Elsewhere: Doris tries to get Oliver and Taylor in line.
Katie Otto, a confident, unapologetic wife and mother of three, raises her […]
- American Masters S30E08 – Norman Lear – Just Another Version of You Season 30, Episode 08 - “Norman Lear - Just Another Version of You ”
Writer/producer Norman Lear's turbulent childhood, early success with sitcoms ``All in the Family,'' ``The Jeffersons,'' ``Good Times'' and ``Maude,'' and social activism.
Documentary about the 94-year-old television […]