Hunger at Sea follows blue whales, sharks, sea lions, frigatebirds, dolphins and albatrosses to reveal the strategies they use to hunt for prey in the big blue. The open ocean is an immense wilderness that covers more than half the surface of our planet, yet for the most part it’s a watery desert, largely devoid of life. Predators face an endless search to find and catch food, yet these great tracts of ocean are home to some of the most remarkable hunters on the planet.
- The Hunt S01E06 – Race Against Time (Coasts) The coast is the dynamic border between land and sea; powered by the tides and thrashed by waves, this is a world of continuous change. Opportunities never last long here, so hunters are always in a race against time. The coast is the only place on the planet where predators from air, […]
- Atlantic: The Wildest Ocean on Earth – From Heaven to Hell (2015) In the balmy tropical Atlantic, everything from dolphins, manatees and whale sharks to sunbathing jellyfish thrive in the Caribbean's warm, sheltered waters, fringed with coral reefs and rich mangrove forests. But extreme heat in Africa unleashes terrifying hurricanes, causing chaos […]
- The Hunt S01E07 – Living with Predators (Conservation) The final episode of the series visits the frontline of the conflict with the world's top predators, meeting the scientists fighting to save them.
Crossing five continents and combining landmark natural history footage with real-life human drama, it checks the pulse of the earth's […]
- USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage (2016) Action - The harrowing true story of the crew of the USS Indianapolis, who were stranded in the Philippine Sea for five days after delivering the atomic weapons that would eventually end WWII. As they awaited rescue, they endured extreme thirst, hunger, and relentless shark attacks. - […]
- The Hunt S01E01 – The Hardest Challenge Season 1, Episode 1 - “The Hardest Challenge”
The contests between predators and prey are the most dramatic events in nature. The Hardest Challenge reveals the extraordinary range of techniques predators use to catch their prey – from a leopard using all its powers of stealth to stalk […]