Established in 1960, Tower Records was once a retail powerhouse with two hundred stores, in thirty countries, on five continents. From humble beginnings in a small-town drugstore, Tower Records eventually became the heart and soul of the music world, and a powerful force in the music industry. In 1999, Tower Records made $1 billion. In 2006, the company filed for bankruptcy. What went wrong? Everyone thinks they know what killed Tower Records: The Internet. But that’s not the story. All Things Must Pass is a feature documentary film examining this iconic company’s explosive trajectory, tragic demise, and legacy forged by its rebellious founder, Russ Solomon.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(20 downloads) Aired January 25, 2016
- All Things Must Pass (2015) All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records
Established in 1960, Tower Records was once a retail powerhouse with two hundred stores, in thirty countries, on five continents. From humble beginnings in a small-town drugstore, Tower Records eventually became the heart and soul […]
- Jugni (2016) Jugni (Firefly) is the beat of the soul, the free-flying spirit. Jugni is Vibhavari (Vibs). Vibs is a music director, working on her first big break in the Hindi film industry. When work and home affairs, with her live-in boyfriend Sid hit a high tide, Vibs hits the road with a glint of […]
- From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years (2016) A feature documentary that explores the influence of the Commodore Amiga and how it took video game development, music and publishing to a whole new level and changed the video games industry forever.
- Office – Hua li shang ban zu (2015) 華麗上班族 Johnnie To makes this unusual and stylish musical, taking place in the world of big corporations. In the middle of the global crisis caused by the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Miss Cheng, a feared and respected executive, prepares to float her billion-dollar company on the stock market. […]
- Ex Machina (2015) Caleb, a 24 year old coder at the world's largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan, the reclusive CEO of the company. But when Caleb arrives at the remote location he finds that he will have to participate in a strange […]