Russia, 1805. Napoleon Bonaparte’s French army has invaded Austria, drawing Russia into the war against him. Everyone in aristocratic Russian society is rattled – except hot-headed Pierre Bezukhov, who admires the French emperor’s politics. Pierre is an outcast in society, and the illegitimate son of one of Russia’s wealthiest men. But now his father is close to death and his scheming relatives are vying for the old man’s fortune – though they expect Pierre to be left with nothing.
Pierre’s dearest friend Prince Andrei Bolkonsky is excited for war with Napoleon. For him it offers a chance to find purpose in life by fighting on the front line. Unhappily married to a beautiful socialite, Lise, he plans to leave her behind at his fierce father’s remote country estate and seek military glory for himself. The army under Andrei’s wise mentor General Kutuzov expects a swift victory. But when the French unexpectedly prove their military might, Andrei is thrust into a dangerous battle.
Pierre’s other great friend is Natasha Rostova – a beautiful, lively young woman growing up fast and desperate to experience more of the world. When she sees love blossom between her brother Nikolai and his childhood sweetheart Sonya, she is inspired for the first time with romantic thoughts of her own. As the men ride off to war, Natasha and Sonya are left behind to wait and wonder if they will ever return.
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(45 downloads) Aired January 3, 2016
DOWNLOAD SUBTITLE NOW(20 downloads) Aired January 3, 2016
- War and Peace (2016) S01E02 – Episode 2 The Russian army is safe after a marginal success at Schongrabern that just keeps the French at bay. Andrei and Nikolai are both excited to tell stories of their involvement, until the sobering realisation strikes that a far more terrible battle awaits them. The tsar himself, confident […]
- War and Peace (2016) S01E03 – Episode 3 Pierre fights a duel with Dolokhov. Astonished at the outcome, he tries to change his life for the better. Helene takes advantage of his absence to re-enter society and considers an exciting new relationship. Andrei, meanwhile, is depressed and full of remorse. On his father’s advice, he […]
- War and Peace (2016) S01E04 – Episode 4 Andrei is in love, but his father is set against him marrying Natasha and insists on a long engagement to keep them apart. Natasha is overjoyed when Andrei proposes but shocked by his decision to delay the wedding and travel abroad for a year. She distracts herself by spending time on […]
- War and Peace (2016) S01E05 – Episode 5 Chaos descends on Moscow as the French army attacks the city. The Rostovs realise they are in danger and flee for their lives. Natasha finds herself with an unexpected travelling companion, and sees a last chance to make amends. Sonya is asked by the countess to make a sacrifice for her […]
- War and Peace (2016) S01E06 – Episode 6 The French army makes its way into Moscow and chaos descends on the city. The Rostovs have no choice but to flee and Natasha is stunned by an unexpected fellow traveller whilst Sonya is asked to make a massive sacrifice for her family.